Pittsburgh, PA asked in Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: What is the form called to waive publication of my name change?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Municipal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: The form you need to waive publication of your name change typically varies depending on the jurisdiction where you're filing for the name change. In many states, this form may be referred to as a "Petition to Waive Publication of Name Change" or something similar. However, the exact name of the form may differ from state to state, so it's important to check the specific requirements and procedures in your local area.

To obtain the form to waive publication of your name change, you can start by contacting the court clerk's office in the county where you plan to file for the name change. They can provide you with information on the required forms and procedures for requesting a waiver of publication. Additionally, many courts now offer forms and instructions for name changes on their official websites, which you can access for free.

Once you've obtained the necessary form, carefully review the instructions and complete the form accurately and thoroughly. Be sure to provide all the required information and follow any specific guidelines or requirements outlined on the form. If you have any questions or concerns about filling out the form or the name change process in general, don't hesitate to reach out to the court clerk's office or consult with a legal professional for guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.