Midland, MI asked in Foreclosure for Michigan

Q: If my home sold at sherriff sale to a bank n loan only in my name, deed was in her name can i make my ex leave sooner?

Can i do anything about her not paying the loan n her new husband calling the bank pretending to be me? I havent lived there in 12 years and now shes ruined my credit

What are my options? They said she has till June when house sold in Nov to move out, but im not buying house back and i want this done sooner. What are my options?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You don't have many options regarding her staying in the house. The bank now owns it and would be responsible for her eviction at the appropriate time (e.g. expiration of redemption period).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.