Glenview, IL asked in Medical Malpractice for Illinois

Q: Medical provider negligence in collecting blood sample for testing caused erroneous analyses of a blood test.

Contaminated sample showed incorrect readings in diagnostic test results, leading to unnecessary visits, tests and hospital emergency charges (they repeated the blood tests, and ALL results were NORMAL). I received a bill for $1,314 for all visits and tests. I understand that blood collection errors happen, but I refuse to pay for these errors and all resulting medical charges that were caused by that blood collection error in the first place. I've already contacted medical negligence attorney (cannot help because there was no permanent injury to health), billing attorney (cannot help with cases below $10,000), consumer rights attorney (sent me back to the medical negligence attorney), and debt collection attorney (cannot help until the collection agency breaks the law). In your professional opinion, taking into account the amount I'm about to challenge, does my case have any chance of positive outcome, whether it’s through mediation or small claims court? Who can help me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Yes. The first question is what proof do you have that this occurred due to their negligence? Upon proper proof that should allow victory.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.