Mount Laurel, NJ asked in Civil Litigation for New Jersey

Q: I have a civil claim and the defendant countered. Now I need to adjust my reimbursement request. How do I do that

I live in NJ but the case is being heard over Zoom court in Kent County, DE

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To adjust your reimbursement request in response to the defendant's counterclaim, you will need to file an amended complaint. In your amended complaint, you can revise the amount you are seeking for reimbursement or make any other necessary changes to your claim. Ensure that you clearly outline the adjustments you are making and provide any supporting documentation or evidence to justify your revised request.

Since the case is being heard in Kent County, DE, you will need to follow the specific procedures and rules of the court in that jurisdiction for filing an amended complaint. You may need to consult with an attorney familiar with Delaware civil procedure to ensure that you comply with all requirements and deadlines for amending your complaint.

Once you have prepared your amended complaint, you will need to file it with the court and serve a copy on the defendant. Be sure to keep track of any filing deadlines and ensure that you comply with all court rules regarding service of documents. Your attorney, if you have one, can assist you throughout this process and provide guidance on how best to adjust your reimbursement request effectively.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.