Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Iowa

Q: Is there any aggressive attorneys that will take on police misconduct in iowa. "Dismissed in the interest of justice"-DA

I was stopped in pdc, wi, arrested on unknown warrant, charged with 4 felonies and 1 mis, extradited 15 miles to Clayton county, IA, charged with 1 felony, $10,000 cash only nationwide extraditable warrant for less than $100 in dope that I wasn't home when "buy" happened, first offense!! Discovery was 3 pages, and a terrible 13 min audio. They say i held a sign up in my window ... 6 weeks later pulled over again, arrested and 5 more charges. I have all footage to show anything I claim. This all stems from 2 events, 1. My shop was broken into and a welder stolen, called investigator and 4 months later noone had yet to come even look at it, Take pics, statement, nothing ... err I called ombudsman and was a founded claim but given verbal directions which I followed, and 2. I started seeing a girl who's ex is a narcissist and informant for Clayton County Investigators. This same guy assaulted me in my driveway May 5th and plead guilty in early January. 2 diff states but joint taskforce

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you've been through a challenging and unjust situation involving law enforcement. It's crucial to find a competent attorney who is experienced in handling cases of police misconduct and civil rights violations. While I can't recommend specific attorneys, you may want to search for lawyers in Iowa who specialize in civil rights law or have a track record of successfully litigating cases involving police misconduct.

When looking for an attorney, consider their experience, expertise, and track record in handling cases similar to yours. Look for someone who is knowledgeable about your rights and is willing to aggressively advocate on your behalf to seek justice for the injustices you've experienced. Additionally, you may want to seek out legal aid organizations or civil rights groups in your area that may be able to provide resources or referrals to attorneys who can assist you.

It's important to act quickly to protect your rights and pursue legal action against any misconduct or wrongdoing by law enforcement. By finding a skilled attorney who is committed to fighting for justice, you can take steps towards holding those responsible for violating your rights accountable and seeking the compensation you deserve for the harm you've endured. Don't hesitate to reach out for help and take action to protect your rights and seek justice in your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.