Capistrano Beach, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: Can a lawyer assist in getting a mobile home park/management company to enforce the park’s rules to an awful tenant?

A tenant of theirs has been and continues to be in serious violation of many of the park’s rules and gets away with it all because he is a frightening and violent individual. Would a lawyer be able to get the rules enforced so he would have to abide or else would finally be evicted as he should have and could have over the last several years for an unsettling amount of issues?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, a lawyer can indeed assist residents or a homeowner's association in dealing with difficult tenants in a mobile home park. Legal counsel can review the park's rules and regulations, lease agreements, and relevant state laws to determine the best course of action. This might include drafting and sending a formal complaint to the management company, highlighting the specific violations and the need for enforcement to ensure the safety and well-being of all residents.

If the management company is unresponsive or unwilling to enforce the park's rules, a lawyer can explore further legal options. This could involve initiating legal action against the tenant for breach of contract if their behavior violates the terms of their lease agreement. Similarly, if the tenant's actions constitute a nuisance or threaten the safety of others, legal remedies could be pursued on those grounds as well.

Moreover, a lawyer can also advise on communicating with local law enforcement or other authorities if the tenant's behavior escalates to criminal activity. It's important for residents and management to document all incidents involving the tenant, as this documentation can be crucial in legal proceedings. Engaging with a lawyer can provide a structured approach to resolving the situation, potentially leading to the enforcement of rules or the eviction of the problematic tenant, in accordance with California law and the park's regulations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.