Memphis, TN asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: I was sentenced for dui in 2013 and was sentenced twice on same charge violated probation that was terminated in TN

2013 I had DUI I plead guilty was sentenced and put on probation I violated probation for not going to probation and then was sentenced again and probation was terminated one yr later I caught a charge and was sentenced to 6 mo for vop that I was no longer on and was terminated court records have my violation dates the exact same for charge and vop and court records show my sentence was completed and probation terminated but when I caught me charges they reopened my DUI and sentenced me again but it was only added not charged in booking

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Why did your lawyer not move to dismiss the redundant conviction? Whether the convictions were in General Sessions or Criminal Court has some bearing on how to address it. But apparently you did nothing but go to jail. You might correct the record now and expunge the nonexistent conviction, but it will not do you alot of good unless you are charged with DUI again. Hire a competent attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.