San Antonio, TX asked in Criminal Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Texas

Q: My daughter was falsely accused of a crime she didn't commit and the case was on going for years everything was recent

Her case was eventually dropped but in the minx of everything she lost her job her home was incarcerated for no reason and I need help suing bexar county ..

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You do not have a lawsuit that is likely to be successful against Bexar County. If a person other than a law enforcement officer filed a complaint that resulted in the criminal accusation being filed against your daughter, you may have a possible for malicious prosecution against that individual depending on the particular facts and circumstances.

This is not the type of case that an attorney would typically take on a contingency fee, so be sure to build up a litigation war chest first so your daughter can fund any civil litigation. This is the type of case that should cost between $50,000 - 100,000 in legal expense if pursued properly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.