Longview, WA asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: My fiance is currently incarcerated. Pandemic hit and he was given the wrong shot I need help

My fiance is currently incarcerated. While he was incarcerated the pandemic hit. On Feb. 10th 2022, he was supposed to recieve the Moderna vaccination, but they gave him the wrong shot. They ended up giving him the medication named Regen Cov. He has been trying to find help with this and that is why I'm reaching out to find help. If you could please get back to me it would mean the world. If you can help that's fantastic, if not could you point me in the right direction. Thank you have a great day

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Kirk Steuart
Christopher Kirk Steuart
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Tukwila, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: A claim for Medical Malpractice includes: breach of the standard of care, injury, and damages. There may be no remedy for this malpractice if there was no injury (you have not stated an injury or damages). If there are damages, unless they are significant or long term, it may not be practical for an attorney to bring a suit against the potential defendant, because a medical malpractice case will often involve multiple expert witness (who may cost several thousands of dollars each to retain).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.