Bonita Springs, FL asked in Consumer Law and Identity Theft for Tennessee

Q: I just received an alert that I had a derogatory on my credit.

I found this weird as my credit score is 843 and I take pride in it. I called the firm representing whoever put the 679 judgement against me and they said it was for a Rachel. I don't have any clue who this person is and it it was from Naples Fl who I have no one in that area. They just pulled my name out of the hat and put a judgement against me. Can this be legally taken care of and I would love to take them to the Bank!!! This is BS and I am upset that someone can just put a judgement against ya and I have no clue who the person is. Thanks in advance for any info!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If you cannot get this off your record by disputing it with the credit bureaus, then you will need an attorney. That amount of money may not justify the expense. It would help to get a copy of the judgment from the Court it was entered. Then you can talk to the attorney about suit. It the Court is out of State, then you will need an attorney there.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.