Louisville, KY asked in Personal Injury for Kentucky

Q: I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for an orange soda pop incident.

In Kentucky where I live, in September 2022 I bought a bottle of Faygo orange soda from a grocery store nearby. When I started drinking it it made my teeth very sore. I've never had this kind of reaction to orange soda before. I took Ibuprofen 800 mg tablets that I have and those may have helped somewhat with the pain. I also talked to a doctor online about this and was given an antibiotic and was told to follow up with a dentist. I did attempt to call up the Faygo company and left messages but never got any response. I'm guessing it's way beyond the time frame to file any kind of a lawsuit. Besides that I would like to know if at this point in time there's anything I can do about this situation. Believe it or not I have the receipt still, the online visit was documented, and I never finished the drink because of the pain it created with my teeth.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Kentucky attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your tooth pain. I believe that law firms could be reluctant to represent you in such a case because the root causes of tooth pain could be attributable to many other factors - which is something a dentist could speak about with professional validity. This is only my individual perspective. You could speak with other attorneys. Different attorneys can sometimes see the same matter differently. In terms of timeframes, a Kentucky attorney should advise on that. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.