Mohnton, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: My brother doesn’t have a license and was stopped for driving an unregistered vehicle in pa.

He went to court and paid the ticket. I notified the police and they confirmed it was definitely not me once reviewing the body cam. What happens with my driving record now since it was not me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: In Pennsylvania, if your brother was stopped for driving an unregistered vehicle without a license and you were mistakenly associated with the offense, but the mistake has been acknowledged by the police after reviewing body cam footage, any wrongful entries on your driving record should be corrected. The police or the court system can initiate the process to remove or correct the erroneous record. You may need to follow up with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or the court to ensure that your driving record is cleared of this incident. It's advisable to keep any documentation or correspondence from the police or court as proof of their acknowledgment of the mistake, and you may also want to contact the DMV directly to confirm what steps you need to take to ensure your record is accurate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.