Washington, DC asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Virginia

Q: My attorney has not paid me my med pay from settlement over 9 months ago. How long can he withhold without accounting

My case settled in June 2023 except for insurer subrogation and med pay. Now he's stone walling me hasn't provided requested accounting or estimate of med pay from submitted bills to insurance. How can i obtain my final funds and how can i find out how much is actually due to me. I wasn't at fault he filed with my insurer for med pay then withdrew it filed with insurer for car i was riding in and car that hit us. I've been requesting information from my healthcare provider and I'm receiving conflicting info from my health insurance and attorney but attorney will not provide a detailed accounting. What should my next step be

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Put your specific questions in writing to your attorney. If you do not get answers in a reasonable time hire another attorney pursue the attorney or file a complaint to the Bar.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.