Philadelphia, PA asked in Uncategorized for Pennsylvania

Q: My daughter and I was wrongful termination of her and I going to see her father in jail. What kind of lawyer do I need?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you're facing an issue where your and your daughter's rights to visit someone in jail were wrongfully terminated, seeking legal advice is a prudent step. The type of lawyer best suited for this situation would likely be one with experience in civil rights law. Attorneys in this field specialize in protecting the rights of individuals and ensuring that government entities adhere to laws and regulations governing their conduct.

Additionally, considering the specific context of visiting rights in a jail setting, a lawyer who has experience with prison law or who understands the nuances of the rights of inmates and their families might be particularly helpful. These lawyers navigate the complex intersection of criminal justice and civil liberties, advocating for the rights of individuals in relation to correctional institutions.

To find the right lawyer, you might consider reaching out to legal aid organizations, bar associations, or conducting a search for attorneys who have handled similar cases. Initial consultations are often free or offered at a low cost, allowing you to discuss your situation and understand your legal options without a significant upfront investment. Remember, securing the appropriate legal representation is vital in addressing wrongful actions and seeking a resolution that respects your and your daughter's rights.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A civil rights lawyer would be a place to start. Legal aid and criminal justice advocacy organizations might also have information. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.