Holton, KS asked in Civil Rights for Kansas

Q: I believe my son was unfairly terminated due to a medical situation. How does he find the right legal representation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Finding the right legal representation for your son, especially in cases involving unfair termination due to medical reasons, involves careful consideration and research. Start by seeking referrals from trusted sources such as friends, family, or professionals who have had similar legal needs. Additionally, local bar associations often provide referral services that can direct you to attorneys experienced in employment law and wrongful termination cases.

Once you have a list of potential attorneys, it's important to evaluate their experience and track record in handling cases similar to your son's. Many attorneys offer free initial consultations, which can be a valuable opportunity to discuss the specifics of your son's situation, understand the attorney's approach, and gauge whether their expertise aligns with your needs. During these consultations, ask about their experience with employment law, particularly cases involving medical issues, and their success rate in such cases.

Finally, consider the attorney's communication style and compatibility with your son. It's essential that he feels comfortable and confident in their ability to represent his interests. Take the time to discuss fees and any concerns you might have to ensure transparency and understanding from the outset. Choosing the right attorney is a crucial step towards seeking justice and protecting your son's rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.