Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Kansas on
Q: Can the police add a criminal charge to a police report after the case has been dismissed by the judge ?

Prosecutor says disorderly conduct and domestic battery are the same charge.

What type of lawyer will I need .?

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on Aug 8, 2023

You need a criminal lawyer who regularly practices in the charging county . . . NOW. Whether you can be charged out of conduct from which another case was dismissed depends on whether the case was tried before the court, and if not whether the dismissal was "with prejudice". This forum... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Kansas on
Q: We'll have a pretty serious case that I have taken through small claims and now needs to go up to the Court of Appeal

Very serious tenant/landlord case in which has overwhelming evidence of illegal evection , harassment,descrimanation and slander of character ect I have all documents necessary it's put a huge emotional toll on my family I need help.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 21, 2022

Only a Kansas attorney could advise you here, but your question remains open for two weeks. Please keep in mind that appeals of any type in any jurisdiction are generally governed by narrow windows of time to take action. If you are contemplating an appeal, you could consider reaching out to Kansas... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Civil Rights for Kansas on
Q: My x boyfriend is wanting to get reimburse for the down payment he gave me for our house

He is wanting money back for down payment and part ownership to my house. He isn’t on the Mortage and never paid a payment but one. Is there a chance judge can grant him ownership to something he doesn’t owned? None of the bills is under his name. He isn’t on the deed or Mortage. He never put... View More

Scott C. Stockwell
Scott C. Stockwell
answered on Jul 7, 2021

Your question does not indicate that either your ex-boyfriend or you are asserting that you are common law married. If someone asserts common law marriage, the answer below might not apply.

Your "x" provided some money for the downpayment and made one mortgage payment. How much...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Civil Rights and Education Law for Kansas on
Q: Can I sue a University if there degree is useless and didn't advance my career?

I'm in healthcare and have been a clinical associate, CNA and dental assistant. I graduated KU with a 147 credit bachelors of general studies. Now I have a bunch of student debt and the only jobs available for me pay the same or less than before I received my degree and I'm at risk of... View More

W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
answered on Dec 15, 2020

On the few facts you provide, it seems that you got what you enrolled and paid for at KU. I assume that you chose your field of study leading to your degree.

That may change somewhat if you have something from KU, in writing, promising you a better paying job/career than what you already...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Kansas on
Q: 5:2019cv03004 need representation

Is a lawyer got interest in this case 5:2019cv03004

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 3, 2019

It might be difficult to solicit the services of a lawyer this way. This is more of a basic question-answer board, not a lawyer referral service. You could look up Kansas lawyers in the Find-a-Lawyer section on this site, conduct your own independent searches, or check the resources of the Kansas... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Civil Rights for Kansas on
Q: What does sections 441. 020 - 441. 040 mean?

I had a notice of terminating possession posted on my door

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 16, 2019

They are citations to Kansas statutes being used to do something.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Immigration Law for Kansas on
Q: Hello my brother is in jail police arrest him for 5 chargers like false documents ,been ilegal ,cros the border ?

The cuestion is can you guys help or do something he still waiting hes sentence ?he went to mexico and come back he had deportation order before he change his name how could you help ?he is on Missouri i what you to know he is sick so he need surgery he is on pain he is been here caming and going... View More

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Aug 14, 2018

Hire an attorney for him

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Kansas on
Q: Our house was raided by police saying they had a warrant which we never were shown or given. Is that legal?

We were sent to jail and still have not gotten a copy of a warrant or seen one. We were just told it was probable cause. Is this legal and what can we doif it's not legal?

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jul 20, 2018

You need to hire a lawyer. The lawyer will be able to investigate and analyze this

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Legal Malpractice for Kansas on
Q: Is this district clerk supposed to be drawing up documents on any paperwork.#2) And turning them into the courts signed

How long do they keep transcripts after the case is over.? District clerks are or are not supposed to be drawing up documents? My attorney didn't ask me but I'm pro see no attorney to ask that's why I'm on justia asking

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jul 12, 2018

Talk to your attorney

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Kansas on
Q: How long does an indigent inmate in a county jail have to wait for a reduction of a bond

A friend is being told since he can't make his bond he will not be released until June of 2017. FTA..driving with no licence..

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Nov 5, 2016

He can always demand a speedy trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.