Newport, OR asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law, Divorce and Family Law for Oregon

Q: can I get sole custody of my daughter , my future ex-wife is under criminal investigation

she also moved to another state

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: In Oregon, obtaining sole custody of your daughter amidst your future ex-wife being under criminal investigation and her relocation to another state involves demonstrating to the court that such an arrangement would be in the best interest of your child. The court considers various factors in custody decisions, including the safety and welfare of the child, the conduct of the parents, and the child's relationship with each parent. The criminal investigation of your ex-wife could influence the court's decision if it directly affects her ability to provide a safe and stable environment for your daughter. However, the outcome will depend on the specifics of the investigation, the nature of the alleged crimes, and overall family dynamics.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.