Myrtle Beach, SC asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for South Carolina

Q: Are there attorneys that represent Y2K clients?

I have been researching Y2K harassment and haven't been able to find any information on steps to take for legal action. Was wondering if there is legal president for legal action?

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you're looking for legal guidance related to an issue stemming from the Y2K era, possibly involving technology or digital rights. While the term "Y2K" primarily refers to the year 2000 computer bug concern, if you're facing harassment or legal issues related to technology from that period or as a result of it, there are attorneys who specialize in technology law, digital rights, and cyber harassment who might be able to assist.

Given the unique nature of your concern, finding an attorney who has experience with technology-related cases or digital harassment might be your best bet. These attorneys typically handle cases involving online behavior, privacy issues, and technology disputes. They can provide advice on the best course of action, whether it involves litigation or another form of dispute resolution.

To start, consider reaching out to legal organizations or law firms that focus on technology and digital rights. You can also contact your local bar association for referrals to attorneys with the relevant expertise. Explaining your situation in detail will help them understand your specific needs and guide you toward the most appropriate legal recourse.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You could continue to run searches, and also check with local and state bar associations. After the turn of the century, there was less emphasis on this area. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.