Midland, TX asked in Land Use & Zoning, Gov & Administrative Law, Municipal Law and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: If electric power lines ask me to get estimate to move my resident in order to expand their right of way, who chooses?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Sometimes a court decides, depending on nature of the matter and the respective positions of the parties. Large electric utilities usually have land use attorneys in their environmental affairs divisions. You could learn what you can about the matter from the utility and consider a consult with attorneys who work with land use/real estate/right-of-way/easement issues, etc. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.