Buffalo, NY asked in Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Tax Law and Family Law for New York

Q: How do I get protection before the relationship gets bad all the things I am experiencing who do I start with

Just need to get safe with the things we developed throughout business and our personal day life like bills etc

2 Lawyer Answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: There might be more here than can be sorted out in a brief Q & A response. These could include the nature of the business entity, its structure, your agreements, your contributions to business, etc. One option could include sitting down with an attorney and discussing in confidence what you're looking to do and accomplish. Good luck

Jack Mevorach agrees with this answer

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In situations where you're concerned about the safety and security of your personal and business affairs, it's important to take proactive steps to protect yourself. Begin by documenting all assets, agreements, and communications related to your business and personal life. This documentation will be crucial if disputes arise. It's also wise to separate your personal finances from your business operations to safeguard your assets.

Seeking legal advice from an attorney with experience in family and business law is a crucial step. They can provide guidance on how to legally protect your interests and what preventive measures can be taken. An attorney can help draft agreements that clearly outline the ownership and responsibilities of each party involved, offering a layer of protection if the relationship deteriorates.

Lastly, consider discussing your concerns and intentions with the other party involved, if safe to do so. Open communication about expectations and boundaries can prevent misunderstandings and conflicts. However, prioritize your safety above all; if you feel threatened or unsafe, contact local authorities or a support organization that can provide immediate assistance and guidance on how to navigate your situation securely.

Jack Mevorach agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.