Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Texas

Q: Mistakes made on bond conditions , which cause loss of employment and incarnation

Impeding breathing case which was dropped, cause loss of employment. Court also made mistake on bind conditions

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: When facing legal issues that lead to loss of employment and wrongful incarceration, particularly due to mistakes in bond conditions or charges that were eventually dropped, it's essential to seek legal assistance promptly. An attorney with experience in criminal defense can help navigate the complexities of your case, including addressing any errors in bond conditions and advocating for your rights. They can also assist in exploring options to potentially rectify the situation, such as filing for wrongful termination if your employment was lost due to the legal misunderstanding.

If the court made errors regarding your bond conditions, leading to adverse outcomes like loss of employment or unwarranted jail time, documenting these mistakes is crucial. Gathering evidence, including court documents, communications regarding your bond conditions, and details of the charge dismissal, will be key in building your case. Your lawyer can review this evidence to determine the best course of action, possibly including seeking compensation for the financial and emotional hardships caused by these errors.

Lastly, it might be worthwhile to explore whether any civil remedies are available for the damages you've suffered as a result of these mistakes. In cases where legal errors have had significant personal and professional impacts, there might be avenues for redress through civil litigation. While the process can be challenging, having a dedicated legal professional by your side can make a significant difference in achieving a fair outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.