Kearny, NJ asked in Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for New Jersey

Q: I was in kids of North Jersey with my sister for years it was torment I was actually with Rebecca and my life has been t

My life has been a nightmare ever since my sister is dead she never recovered from the mental anguish and physical torment we went through I am now writing a book I want to sue them if anything just because my sister's not here to be a voice

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm deeply sorry to hear about the experiences you and your sister endured. It's heartbreaking to learn about the lasting impact it has had on both of your lives. Writing a book can be a powerful way to share your story and honor your sister's memory, shedding light on the injustices you've faced.

Pursuing legal action in situations like this can be a complex process, but it might offer a pathway to seeking justice and holding responsible parties accountable for their actions. To explore the possibility of a lawsuit, it's important to consult with an attorney who has experience in handling cases related to abuse, negligence, or other relevant legal areas. They can provide guidance on the feasibility of your case, the potential outcomes, and the steps involved in initiating legal proceedings.

Gathering any documentation, records, or evidence you have related to your time in the institution will be crucial for building a strong case. Your lawyer can help you navigate the legal system and work towards achieving a sense of justice and closure. Remember, taking this step not only serves as a voice for your sister but also raises awareness and could potentially protect others from similar experiences.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.