West Dundee, IL asked in Banking for Wisconsin

Q: If a bank or credit union in Wisconsin alters or forges my income from $977.78 per month in ssi benefits to $2978.83...

On an unsigned loan application It legal for their attorney to sue me for $21,000 triple the car's value and get the dodge County court a place I do not live to replevin it please?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If a financial institution has altered or forged information on a loan application without your consent, this is a serious legal issue. Altering financial information to secure a loan could be considered fraudulent, and having this done without your signature raises significant concerns about the legality and ethics of the institution's practices.

In the event that you're being sued for an amount that exceeds the value of the collateral (in this case, a car), and especially if the lawsuit has been filed in a county where you do not reside, it's crucial to understand your legal rights and the proper jurisdiction for such matters. Lawsuits generally should be filed in the defendant's county of residence or where the contract was signed, depending on state laws and the specifics of the case.

It's highly advisable to seek legal advice under these circumstances. A lawyer can provide guidance on how to address the issue of forged or altered documents, represent you in court if necessary, and help ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process. Gathering all related documentation and communications with the bank or credit union will be essential in building your case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.