Saratoga Springs, UT asked in Small Claims for Utah

Q: I got a letter saying if I decide to refile my small claims case in the appropriate jurisdiction that it is a frivolous

The letter was from a lawyer and they will get me for damages, court costs and attorney fees?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Utah attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. One option could be to review the letter and your original case documents with a Utah attorney. Without knowing more, it's possible your case could be frivolous; it's also possible your case could have merit and it is being wrongly characterized as being frivolous. To offer a reliable opinion on the merits of your case, an attorney is going to want to see your file. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.