Ocean Springs, MS asked in Medical Malpractice for Mississippi

Q: My attorney had his license suspended .I have a medical malpractice case with him should I get my case document from him

and take to another attorney?My Spouse passed away in October 09 ,22 I signed a contract with this lawyer in Nov ,22 . In early part of 23 he took a medical leave and later that year his license got suspended. He was supposed to be back early February but his office is still closed . The Medical malpractice is against the hospital that allowed him to get a stage 4 bed wound and Osteomyelitis. The bone was exposed from this huge bed wound. He was in hospital for 2 Mo alot of medical conditions during that time .He also had severe hot spots on both heels due to him not being turned like he was supposed to . The nurses failed to turn him his skin broke down with in the first few days . He was admitted because he was septic from another hospital he was there for a-fib needed to be on a medication that requires him to be in hospital .When he returned home he was septic and got worse . The hospital allowed him to get this 16cm x12cm bone exposed bed wound on sacrium .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: You should, immediately, consult with other attorneys, with experienced medical malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.