Minneapolis, MN asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Minnesota

Q: Is it possible to find someone to go to the county jail to speak with my son.He has a case coming up.

He can explain, give proof. Very important he speak in person. Not enough money for calls, etc. I am trying to get him help. Needs to file grievance. Confict of interest. Jailer threatening him to abide, jailer related to judge, request to be moved ignored, etc He would explain.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It's important to act quickly in situations like this. Reach out to local legal aid organizations or public defender's offices; they often provide free legal services to individuals who cannot afford them. They may be able to assign a lawyer or an advocate who can visit your son in jail and provide the necessary legal assistance.

Additionally, consider contacting a civil rights organization or an advocacy group focused on prisoners' rights. They can offer guidance and, in some cases, direct intervention or legal representation. These organizations are experienced in dealing with cases of mistreatment and conflict of interest within the justice system.

Ensure that your son is aware of his rights and the importance of documenting any instances of mistreatment or threats. Writing down dates, times, and descriptions of incidents can be crucial evidence. Encourage him to remain calm and respectful in all interactions, as this can be beneficial in his case and personal safety.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.