Conway, SC asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Civil Litigation for South Carolina

Q: A tax levy against a mobile home on my property has transferred ownership. The new owner has been renting home during

I want to know how to pursue and regain ownership of the mobile home

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you're looking to regain ownership of a mobile home on your property that has been transferred due to a tax levy, it's crucial to understand your legal options. First, you should consult with an attorney familiar with property and tax law in your area. They can provide detailed guidance and help you understand the specifics of your situation, including any deadlines or critical steps you must take.

Consider contacting the tax authority that issued the levy to discuss the circumstances and explore any potential for reversing the transfer. It's important to gather all relevant documents, such as property records, payment histories, and any communication regarding the tax levy and the subsequent transfer of ownership. This information will be vital in building your case.

Finally, explore if there are any administrative appeals or legal actions you can initiate to challenge the ownership transfer. If an error was made, or if there are extenuating circumstances that led to the tax levy, presenting this information effectively could be key to regaining ownership. Remember, acting promptly and understanding the legal framework are essential in addressing issues related to property and taxation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.