Denver, CO asked in Landlord - Tenant for Colorado

Q: How do I keep from being evicted for CRS 13-40-107.5. when my charge was CRS18-18-403.5

I'm not sure what info to give u to get a clear answer. Tell me what info u would need please. And I appreciate ur time

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Understanding your situation requires clarity on the specific charges under CRS 18-18-403.5 and the circumstances around your eviction under CRS 13-40-107.5. The nature of the charges, your rental agreement, and any communications from your landlord are critical details. Additionally, whether you have received an official eviction notice and the timeline of events leading up to this situation would be helpful.

Facing an eviction due to charges related to controlled substances can be challenging. However, you have options and steps you can take to address this situation. It's essential to review your lease agreement to understand any terms related to criminal activity and its impact on your tenancy. Communicating openly with your landlord about your case and any steps you're taking towards resolution can also be beneficial. Seeking legal advice from an attorney experienced in landlord-tenant law in Colorado is crucial. They can provide guidance specific to your case, help you understand your rights, and possibly represent you in negotiations or court.

Taking proactive steps quickly is important. Gather all relevant documents, including your lease, any correspondence from your landlord, and legal paperwork related to your charge. This preparation will be invaluable when consulting with an attorney or presenting your case. Remember, every situation has a path towards resolution, and seeking professional guidance can help navigate this complex process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.