Huntsville, AL asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Alabama

Q: How can I a minor marry another minor without parents consent?

My partner has issues with his parents and I was hoping by marrying that could help him move out but I am aware we need parent's consent but his parents don't like me I just need to know is there anything I can do to help him out of his situation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It's essential to understand that the laws regarding marriage, particularly involving minors, can vary significantly from one jurisdiction to another. In many places, minors require parental consent to marry. If one or both parties are under 18, this is usually a legal requirement. Additionally, marrying without parental consent, when required, can have legal consequences.

If your partner is facing issues at home, there are other ways to help besides getting married. It might be beneficial to talk to a trusted adult or seek support from local services that specialize in family issues. These resources can provide guidance and support for your partner's situation.

Remember, marrying at a young age can be a significant step with long-term implications. It's crucial to consider all options and consequences before making such a decision. Encourage your partner to explore all possible solutions to the issues they're facing at home.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.