Saint Augustine, FL asked in Criminal Law for New Jersey

Q: How long do they have to go through the evidence collected from a house raided in NJ and turn it in to my attorney.

12 counts criminal charges drugs and weapons they claim 82 weapons and distribution of drugs Xanax and Valium

I wasn't selling it, ordered online from South Africa and I have a ATF license FFL and am a Ham radios operator.

Graves Act charged 1st time offence ever it was the drugs that created this problem

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis A Casadia
Louis A Casadia pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hammonton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: The State is not obligated to turn over evidence to the Defense until the matter is indicted. If they charge you on a Summons then they do not have a set time limit on when they have to indict the case. If they charge you on a Warrant and move to detain you at a Detention Hearing the defense is entitled to limited discovery for the Detention Hearing. If you are detained the State has 90 days to indict your case after which the Defense is entitled to full discovery. It is also always possible to try to negotiate the case pre indictment but you would need counsel to do so. Most criminal defense attorneys, including myself, provide a free consultation and quote for representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.