Orlando, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Alabama

Q: I own a condo in Birmingham Al who has an HOA The waterline is broken i can hear water spraying under Down stairs Bath

Water is not leaking my bathroom but under floor in bathroom

There is another water leak from broken waterline behind Exterior Brick wall near front door water pores out thru Bricks & once Fawcett is turned on the water pores out & no water pressure upstairs

I've contacted the condo HOA via several emails & a certified letter

Received only one reply stating they will look into it about a week ago

**Still no response as to status of making the waterline repairs Where agency in Alabama can i file a Formal Complaint about the Condo HOA ?


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James Blount Griffin
James Blount Griffin
  • Madison, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Your HOA has an address listed somewhere in your closing documents for you to use when giving official notice.

I suggest you send a letter with photos explaining the situation via certified mail, return receipt requested.

Then send it again three days and again three days later. Keep copies of each letter.

At that point, you will should be receiving those little green receipts with somebody's signature on them at the HOA's official notice address.

Then, if the HOA pretends they never heard from you and that you are responsible for not reporting the damages, then you have a file with the certified letters and the little green receipts.

It takes a lot of organization to run an HOA correctly and accurately. Make sure that your records of this leaking water are better than theirs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.