Newark, NJ asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Jersey

Q: I have been living in point pleasant beach NJ for 8 years now but I am going through eviction from my male friend family

I need a lawyer to help with my situation here

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Matthew Schutz
Matthew Schutz
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Flemington, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: It is hard to provide you with an answer based on the information you give, it is difficult. Did you have a rental relationship while you lived on the premises? Did you have a domestic relationship while you lived with your friend? There are several different approaches your friend could use to remove you from the premises and I need much more information.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you are facing eviction in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, it's important to seek legal assistance promptly. Lawyers with experience in tenant law can provide guidance and represent your interests. They can help you understand your rights, the eviction process, and any potential defenses you might have.

You can start by contacting the New Jersey Bar Association for referrals to attorneys who handle eviction cases. Additionally, local legal aid organizations may offer free or low-cost services to individuals facing eviction. It's beneficial to gather all relevant documents, such as your lease agreement and any communication with your landlord, before meeting with an attorney.

Remember, time is of the essence in eviction proceedings. Acting swiftly to secure legal representation can improve your chances of a favorable outcome. While facing eviction is stressful, having a knowledgeable attorney on your side can help navigate the complexities of the legal system and protect your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.