Miami, FL asked in Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Florida

Q: My Ex wife hired an Au pair after the divorce without consulting me and now she wants me to pay for it, Florida

Our schedule is 50/50 the first 15 days of the month Ive the kids and the remaining she have them, I don't need child care during my time because I'm off from work but she wants the child care calculated on the 100% for the au pair fee which is $1700 a month also I don't have access to the au pair service since she wont let me use her during my time, the average monthly tuition for a pre-school in our area is $1000 a month, I more than happy to enroll the child in a full time day care where the oldest child goes so I can benefit too and get some overtime during my 50% but for her is not an option since she's worry to loose the commodity of an au pair, also during my time her Au pair is not working, what are my options ? child care section says [Child care costs should not exceed the level required to provide quality care from a licensed source. See section 61.30(7), Fla. Stat. for more information.] what does it mean ? any case law I can present to the judge of this absurd request?

1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Liang
Linda Liang
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Parenting plan in divorce matter usually address the actual amount needed when it comes to child support. I am curious as to how you are forced to pay for service you do not agree to. You can refuse to pay for the service if it is beyond the arrangement of your divorce decree.

Terrence H Thorgaard agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.