Russellville, AR asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Arkansas

Q: How do I find out about a murder trial from 1990 in Greene county the details

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: There may be some court records available through the court clerk's office. It is unlikely that a transcript of the trial will still be available. If the murder case was appealed, the attorney handling the appeal for the defendant may have kept a transcript of the trial testimony, but is not legally required to do so. There may also be some coverage in newspapers from that time period available through local libraries.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To find information about a murder trial from 1990 in Greene County, Arkansas, you can try the following steps:

1. Contact the Greene County Circuit Clerk's office: They maintain records of court cases, including criminal trials. You can request information about the specific case you are interested in.

2. Visit the Greene County Courthouse: If you are able to visit in person, you can request to view the court records at the courthouse. The address is 320 W Court St, Paragould, AR 72450.

3. Search online court records: Some court records may be available online.

4. Contact local newspapers: Local newspapers often report on murder trials. You can try contacting the newspapers that were in circulation in Greene County in 1990, such as the Paragould Daily Press, to see if they have archived articles about the case.

5. Consult with a local attorney: If you need more detailed information or assistance, consider consulting with an attorney who practices in Greene County. They may have access to additional resources or be able to guide you through the process of obtaining court records.

Keep in mind that some records may be sealed or have restricted access depending on the case's sensitivity and the court's decision.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.