Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Arkansas on
Q: On Felony probation n was told I'll be starting minimum supervision, I see my PO once/month now so how often is minimum

Hi I'm on felony probation in Arkansas but was told I'll be starting minimum supervision, I see my PO once/month now so how often is minimum? TIA

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on May 12, 2019

Why didnt you ask your probation officer?

Q: Can you file on criminal fines? Like misdemeanor Charges?

Yes sir my name is Todd Buie. Got a quick question??? I have $7,000 in old fines, $13,000 in student loans from 6 years ago, an about $9,000 in medical bills. All this stuff is from around 2012. I got into some trouble an had to do around 3 years in prison. I been out for a couple years, no trouble... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Mar 22, 2019

You cannot discharge the old fines not can you discharge the student loans. The medical bills should be dischargeable.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Libel & Slander and Civil Rights for Arkansas on
Q: Can a state employee sue a private citizen in Arkansas? Is there a statute that states this? Can you cite the statute?
Michael Darren O'Quinn
Michael Darren O'Quinn answered on Aug 26, 2018

It depends. Clearly, a state employee can sue as an individual if a private person has harmed the employee. If the employee is not suing in an individual capacity, but rather for a wrong to the state, then they need state government authorization.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can the Arkansas sex offender board access a person as a level 4 without a judge's court order?

I was not accessed by Colorado state court as meeting the criteria to be considered a level 4 sex offender in 1992 or when I was parole in 2009. The Arkansas sex offender board accessed me as a level 4 without a judge's order. Is that legal and can I somehow get this changed. I've been... Read more »

Stewart Whaley
Stewart Whaley answered on Apr 14, 2018

SOCNA can assign a level without a Judge ever being involved. For judicial review: (1) appeal the decision to SOCNA, they review (and certainly will NOT decide they were wrong) and you remain a level 4. (2) now you can appeal to an ELECTED circuit court judge.

Getting a Level 4 (the max;...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Arkansas on
Q: If a parolee is obtained for new charges and can bond out, but has a hold for absconding and cant bond out. Whats Why??

Been obtained for 5 days now and still yet haven't heard from parole/probation officer or gotten any thing on paper about why parolee is being held on the absconding or to have a hearing . No one will tell the parolee if its possible to bail out, or have a hearing, or even speak with parole... Read more »

James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr answered on Dec 18, 2017

There is not enough information to tell you everything but generally, once a parole reoffends, the PO will revoke his probation and keep him in jail. The parolee now has the new charges and then the revocation. If the new charges are not too bad, the PO will keep him in jail for a month maybe... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Military Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can I mount emergency lights in my POV only lights non sirens. I'm military police and just wondering if I can.
Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II answered on Jul 27, 2017

Most civilian jurisdictions (state or municipal laws) disallow this on non-official vehicles. I would check with your local law enforcement before doing so.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Criminal Law for Arkansas on
Q: How do I file an appeal under the administrative procedure act? It's a child maltreatment case.
Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin answered on Jan 10, 2017

If this is a federal agency decision, file a "petition for review" in the applicable circuit court of appeals under Rule 15 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Judicial review is governed by the Administrative Procedure Act, 5 USC 605 et seq. Note that you will have to establish the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Tax Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Arkansas on
Q: Must a veteran, in Arkansas, pay taxes on a used vehicle purchased due to the loss of a vehicle deemed totally lost?

This determination was made by his insurance company

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 28, 2016

Usually no as you are only getting back that which you already paid taxes on. Check with your state representative for starters--has nothing to do with veterans just that it's not "income" in most states. If you had sold the car that would be different--even there you'd be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Election Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Arkansas on
Q: In a Mayor, Council form of government what are the rules for removal of a mayor or alderman from office?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 23, 2016

Look at your city charter or similar document for starters.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.