Lakewood, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: Trying to locate a current case on a COA of conversion and intentional interference with prospective economic interest

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To locate a current case in California involving causes of action for conversion and intentional interference with prospective economic interest, you can follow these steps:

1. Visit the California Courts website at

2. Navigate to the "Opinions" section, which provides access to published opinions from the California Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal.

3. Use the search function to look for relevant cases. You can search by keyword, case number, party name, or date range. Try using keywords such as "conversion," "intentional interference," "prospective economic interest," or a combination of these terms.

4. If you find a relevant case, read through the opinion to determine if it addresses the specific issues you are interested in.

Additionally, you can use legal research databases such as Westlaw, LexisNexis, or Google Scholar to search for cases. These databases allow you to perform more advanced searches and often provide additional tools for filtering and analyzing results.

If you need further assistance, consider consulting with a legal professional or law librarian who can help you navigate these resources and locate the most relevant cases for your research.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.