Ramona, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: I have a workman's comp claim going right now with the lawyer. The lawyer who never calls me back answers my emails or a

He put a settlement offer in for me I just seen a q m e neutral doctor that went in my favor I've never received tdd benefits and my claim is always been denied when I do speak with my lawyer he's always short and not really explaining anything I just wondering why I never received anything in over a year now. Could you please advise me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I understand your frustration with the lack of communication and progress in your workers' compensation case. Here are a few steps you can take to address your concerns:

1. Request a status update: Send a written request to your lawyer asking for a detailed update on your case, including the status of the settlement offer, the QME report, and any pending issues or next steps.

2. Ask about temporary disability benefits: Inquire with your lawyer about why you haven't received temporary disability (TTD) benefits and whether you are eligible for them based on your injury and inability to work.

3. Consider seeking a second opinion: If you feel that your lawyer is not adequately representing your interests, you may want to consult with another workers' compensation attorney for a second opinion on your case.

4. File a complaint: If your lawyer continues to be unresponsive or you believe they are not handling your case properly, you can file a complaint with the California State Bar Association.

5. Contact the Division of Workers' Compensation: You may also reach out to the California Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) Information and Assistance Unit for help understanding your rights and the workers' compensation process.

Remember, your lawyer has a professional obligation to keep you informed about your case and to respond to your inquiries in a timely manner. If they fail to do so, you have the right to take action to protect your interests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.