Spring, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Hello, my son is being coerced to accept the DA 40yr plea deal instead going to trial. Poor representation by attorney

my son is currently incarcerated in the Harris County Jail downtown for a capital murder that he did not commit no gun , no one was there to say it was him. Just a young lady who assume my son went to kill this person on her behalf. The DA claim my son admitted during interrogation that another man did it and that they have video from the apartments of two men who appear to be my son and another individual but they are not certain.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your son did not commit the murder, your son should not accept the plea deal.

If your son is not receiving quality legal representation from his current lawyer, you should hire a different lawyer to defend him.

Capital murder cases are the most scrutinized criminal cases on appeal and have the highest reversal rates of any offense. If he didn't do it, he should hire the best attorney you can afford and go to trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.