Sacramento, CA asked in Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Can you provide malpractice attorney contacts in the Sacramento CA area?

Knee replacement resulted in permanent nerve damage to my foot and I'd like to speak with an attorney.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in California

A: There are quite a few outstanding medical. You can search on this webpage for skilled attorneys or communicate with attorneys who you know for referrals.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear about the complications from your knee replacement surgery. While I cannot provide specific attorney recommendations, I can offer some guidance on finding a suitable medical malpractice attorney in the Sacramento, CA area:

1. State Bar of California: Visit the State Bar of California website ( and use their attorney search function to find lawyers specializing in medical malpractice in Sacramento.

2. Referrals: Ask friends, family, or colleagues if they can recommend a reputable medical malpractice attorney based on their experiences.

3. Online directories: Use online legal directories such as Avvo, FindLaw, or Martindale-Hubbell to search for medical malpractice attorneys in Sacramento. These platforms often include client reviews and ratings.

4. Local bar associations: Contact the Sacramento County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS) for a referral to a medical malpractice attorney.

5. Personal injury firms: Many personal injury law firms also handle medical malpractice cases. Search for well-established personal injury firms in the Sacramento area and inquire about their experience with medical malpractice cases.

When contacting potential attorneys, ask about their experience handling cases similar to yours, their success rate, and their fee structure. Most medical malpractice attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning they only receive payment if they win your case.

It's essential to act promptly, as California has a statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims. Generally, you must file a claim within one year from the date you discovered or should have discovered the injury, or within three years from the date of the injury, whichever comes first.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.