Eatontown, NJ asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Medical Malpractice for New Jersey

Q: doctors and nurses overdosed my wife with 50mg fentynol and 200 mg morphine...result coma and death..death cert says

death cert says natural causues..not true..some doctors agreed with me ...overdose

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis A Casadia
Louis A Casadia pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hammonton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You should speak to a civil plaintiff attorney that specializes in medical Malpractice. Some of the bigger firms have lawyers on staff who are also medical professionals. Using you to request medical records on behalf of your wife they should be able to assess whether their is a viable case to pursue. As far as Criminal charges are concerned the facts you described sound more like a civil medical Malpractice negligence claim. More information is needed to determine if their is criminal recklessness present.

Peter J. Weinman agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.