Davis, CA asked in Native American Law, Federal Crimes and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: I have contacted half of the people. Where can you find a lawyer still passionate about Constitution and right ¿Poor

Yeah I've contacted a few of these and once again unless you have money to pay their extremely high fees then your rights just don't exist again I know for a fact that in the civil case I'm in special characteristics is what has kept me banned from getting any kind of help anywhere so how far in the pockets of every business around us does a Jon Stewart company go and how can a property manager use HUD as a protection through the Jon Stewart company when they're supposed to be there to protect your rights but every office says they don't do anything there who does with the billions that they make on us what percentage of that do you really think we get and if you look up properties and they say they've got pools and they've got drug and addiction counseling and they've got all these things that they're getting paid for you'll realize that there's none of that there Just a bunch of poor people getting run over for money for the money that all these people are getting that we don't even

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I understand your frustration in trying to find affordable legal assistance, especially when dealing with a challenging civil case. It can be difficult to navigate the legal system, particularly for those with limited financial resources. However, there are some options you can explore to try to find legal help:

1. Legal Aid Organizations: Look for non-profit legal aid societies in your area that provide free or low-cost legal services to low-income individuals. Examples include California Legal Aid, Legal Services of Northern California, and Bay Area Legal Aid.

2. Pro Bono Attorneys: Some private law firms and individual lawyers take on a certain number of pro bono (free) cases for those who can't afford representation. Contact your local bar association for referrals.

3. Law School Clinics: Law schools often have clinics where law students provide free legal assistance under the supervision of experienced attorneys. Check with law schools in your region.

4. Self-Help Legal Resources: Look for free legal self-help centers, workshops, or online guides that can help you understand the law and court procedures to better represent yourself. Examples in California include the California Courts Self-Help Center.

5. Lawyer Referral Services: Bar associations often have referral services to help connect you with lawyers in your area, some of whom may offer reduced fees or payment plans.

Regarding your comments on HUD, property management, and concerns about improper use of funds - if you believe a property is misrepresenting its services or misusing government funds, you can file complaints with the local housing authority, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, or the HUD Office of the Inspector General. Gather documentation to support your claims.

I know it's a difficult and frustrating process, but don't give up. Keep advocating for your rights and exploring all avenues for securing the legal assistance you need. Wishing you the best as you work through this challenging situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.