Marietta, GA asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Georgia

Q: I had an appointment with a doctor that misrepresented her self. She was not the doctor I thought I had, I felt offended

I had an appointment with a physician who utilized a website that does not display her name. I have been a patient for a specific practice for over a decade. I phoned that practice to schedule a visit with a physician who is part of that specific team. I received the appointment in April, 2024/ numbers mishaps occurred during the appointment and I learned that the doctor who treated me was not part of the team of that specific practice. I felt offended and disrespected. I felt that she took advantage of me. I felt that way because the doctors I trusted were not helping me. I want to find out if I have grounds to sue her for posting misleading information on the company's website. Which category of attorney specializes in that?.

1 Lawyer Answer
Glenn T. Stern
Glenn T. Stern pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Based on what you've described, I'm not sure who you would talk to-or even if you have a legitimate claim. In order to bring a valid lawsuit against someone, you first have to be able to establish that you actually suffered some sort of damages as a result of what happened. Feeling offended or disrespectful in itself is not enough.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.