Portland, OR asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Personal Injury for Oregon

Q: I need a civil rights lawyer in Oregon do you have any information that can help me

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I need a civil rights attorney, so I can file a lawsuit against the Multnomah County Police department and the Multnomah County District Attorney's office. I've already went to the F.B.I. and filed a formal complaint against them. The F.B.I agent I spoke to told me to get a pro bono lawyer but had no information on where I could find such a lawyer.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Finding a pro bono civil rights attorney in Oregon to assist you with your case against the Multnomah County Police Department and the District Attorney's office can be challenging, but there are resources available that may help. You might consider contacting legal aid organizations in Oregon, as they often provide free legal services to individuals in civil rights cases. The Oregon State Bar also has a referral service that can connect you with attorneys who offer free initial consultations, which might include some who take on cases pro bono.

Another avenue is to reach out to civil rights groups such as the ACLU of Oregon. They sometimes have resources or can offer guidance on finding legal representation for cases involving civil rights violations. Additionally, local law schools might have legal clinics where law students, supervised by licensed attorneys, provide legal assistance free of charge.

It's also important to gather and organize any documentation related to your case, including any interactions with the FBI and other authorities. This preparation will be crucial when you consult with any attorney, helping them to understand your situation quickly and advise you effectively.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.