Tucson, AZ asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arizona

Q: I live in Arizona, I'm having d.C.S issues they are getting in the way of my relationship with my wife

They took the kids. They are making me look like a bad guy. Everything is blamed on me. Just want to know why.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aaron Brann
Aaron Brann

A: In Arizona, the Department of Child Safety (DCS) typically intervenes in family situations when there are concerns about the safety and well-being of children. This can include allegations of neglect, abuse, or other harmful environments. If DCS has removed your children from the home, it's likely because they believe the children could be at risk.

To understand specifically why you're being portrayed negatively or why certain actions were taken, you should first review all communications and documentation provided by DCS. It's crucial to get a clear understanding of the specific concerns or allegations made against you.

Additionally, it would be wise to consult with an attorney who specializes in family law or child welfare law. A lawyer can help you navigate the system, advocate on your behalf, and advise you on the best steps to address the allegations and work towards reunification with your children. Engaging with legal counsel can also help ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.