Atlanta, GA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Juvenile Law for Georgia

Q: What can I do about the court of appeals denying my appeal when the juvenile court had Misconduct and erred my case?

And my attorney clearly showed and stated that the court had wrongdoings? And they did nothing either? What can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your appeal was denied by the court of appeals despite presenting evidence of misconduct in the juvenile court, you might feel understandably frustrated. However, you still have some options. Firstly, consider requesting a reconsideration from the same court of appeals, if this is permissible under your jurisdiction's rules. This would involve submitting a motion highlighting any new evidence or significant legal errors that could potentially change the outcome of the decision.

Another path could be to escalate the matter to a higher court. In many legal systems, you can petition for your case to be reviewed by the supreme court of your state or country. This step typically focuses on broader legal questions or significant miscarriages of justice. For this, it is crucial to demonstrate that your case involves fundamental legal issues that merit such high-level attention.

Throughout this process, maintaining open and clear communication with your attorney is vital. They can provide detailed guidance tailored to the specifics of your case and help navigate the complex appeals process. If you feel that your current attorney isn't adequately addressing your needs, you might also consider consulting another attorney for a second opinion or to take over your case. Their fresh perspective might offer new insights or different strategies that could prove beneficial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.