Newark, NJ asked in Civil Rights and Consumer Law for New Jersey

Q: I’m trying to find an attorney to consult with regarding discrimination at chase bank?

They closed all my accounts and refuse to return funds due to a registered phone number.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Madeline Houston
Madeline Houston
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Fairfield, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: There are a number of federal and state consumer protection statutes that might apply to your situation depending on the specific facts. If indeed there is evidence that a bank improperly closed your accounts and withheld funds it had no right to these laws could provide you the ability to retain an attorney willing to represent you on a contingency basis and to obtain relief from the bank for any wrongdoing. You should contact a Consumer Law attorney and be prepared to provide the specific facts of your situation as well as whatever documents you have that support your allegations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.