Syracuse, NY asked in Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My son recived a ticket in high school for slapping someone n they put 3/26/24 as date I was notified and 11/26/24 as da

Date files can I get it thrown out in Pennsylvania please

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To determine if your son's ticket can be dismissed due to errors on the dates, you should first review the ticket and any related documents carefully. In Pennsylvania, procedural errors such as incorrect dates might provide grounds for dismissal, but it depends on the specifics of the case and how the court views these errors.

You can argue that the incorrect dates create confusion and possibly violate procedural requirements. The date you were notified (3/26/24) and the date filed (11/26/24) being so far apart might be significant, but it will ultimately depend on the rules and regulations governing the issuance and processing of such tickets in your jurisdiction.

It's advisable to consult with a local attorney who can review the ticket and the relevant laws. They can help you understand if the date discrepancies are sufficient grounds for dismissal and guide you through the process of challenging the ticket in court. This professional advice will be crucial in effectively addressing your son's situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.