Gilbert, AZ asked in Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for Texas

Q: Filing a partition suit in Burnet Texas? X husband and I own a house in Burnet County. X husband is getting all rent

He won’t pay me the 50 percent of property we bought ten years ago. Any suggestions? I was told to file a “partition suit “ my email:

1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Your question says nothing about whether or not, you are getting divorced.

If no, then you have a problem.

If yes, or you already are divorced, then you can sue for your 50%, and an accounting, for immediate relief, and ask for partition or sale of the property, and split the proceeds.

You can possess the property at any time and cause a disruption, if you want to play hardball. I would.

Get a good property lawyer, and evict the tenants, without your husband's help or participation.

There are more moves you can make, but I would need more information, to give good advice.

I hope this helps.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.