Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Texas

Q: Can an appeal be filled to this case? Drummond vs Johnson Johnson is my grandmother.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: An ordinary appeal can be filed in any case within 30 days of the date a final judgment has been signed by the court. If certain post-judgment motions are filed, or if a party did not timely receive notice of the judgment, that time could be extended, up to 105 days after the date a final judgment was signed.

A restricted appeal can be filed up to six months after the date a final judgment was signed; but a restricted is not available in all cases.

Without knowing the case number and court in which the case Drummond vs. Johnson was pending, there is no way to determine the exact deadline for an appeal in that particular case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.