Q: my ex's girlfriend keep me from having video visits with our girls the judge ordered she won't give them the phone

The judge in Jackson county Oregon made a judgement of video visits 2xaweek and my ex's girlfriend only has a phone in the house and she goes on there won't give them the phone to visit me and says they don't love u they don't want to talk to you and hangs up or sometimes no answer at all what can I do and they are not married also he has sole custody of our girls but I got video visits

1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Leskin
Steven Leskin pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: The language of the parenting plan controls your visitation with your kids. The ex's girlfriend does not get a say in your relationship with your children.

You need to document what is occurring. After you have some documentation, you can go to the Jackson County Courthouse and ask to speak with the family law clerk. Ask for the forms to enforce parenting time. The court should have an expedited procedure. Complete the paperwork, serve your ex, and then go to the hearing with your documentation.

Your ex is responsible as the parent of ensuring that you have a relationship with the children. His GF does not get to run interference. If the ex continues denying you video visits, your next step is to file a contempt action.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.